The U.S. Supreme Court concluded oral arguments yesterday in the pair of cases on same-sex marriage that garnered much of the attention paid to law and legal issues this week. The transcripts and audio recordings are available for United States v. Windsor (here) and for Perry v. Hollingsworth (here).
Numerous reporters and commentators have weighed in with their observations, analyses and opinions. Some of the most interesting so far are from bloggers who write on law and public policy:
- Post-argument reports from Lyle Denniston (SCOTUSBlog) on Perry and Windsor
- Tom Goldstein (SCOTUSBlog), The relationship between DOMA and Proposition 8
- Dale Carpenter (The Volokh Conspiracy), Not there yet
- Jonathan Rauch (Brookings blog), Gay Marriage Hits the Supreme Court
- E.J. Graff (The American Prospect), Asked and answered